We are delighted to announce that bitFlyer (Company Headquarters: Minato-ku, Tokyo, Yuzo Kano, CEO) has raised approximately JPY 510 million in a round of funding on August 12, 2015 through third-party allotment. The transaction includes participation from Mitsubishi UFJ Capital Co., Ltd., Dentsu Digital Holdings, Inc., QUICK Corp., MITSUI SUMITOMO INSURANCE Venture Capital Co., Ltd., Venture Labo Investment Co., Ltd., and their respective funds.
Since our previous funding closed in January, bitFlyer has implemented many new services including bitFlyer Lightning, a Bitcoin Exchange designed for professionals, chainFlyer, a website that provides a visualization of the blockchain, an Android application bitFlyer for Android, adFlyer, an advertisement service built on Bitcoin, and has introduced the latest in Bitcoin Multi-Sig security.
bitFlyer will use the latest funding round to build a more robust security environment for our customers to trade bitcoin, establish a firm management foundation with increased capital, and maintain a solid management system. In addition, bitFlyer will take advantage of synergies available with each investment organization, and will continue to promote customer base expansion, strengthen revenues, and expand our global business development.
As always, bitFlyer will continue to pursue our primary goals of improving security while providing the best possible services to our customers. Thank you for using bitFlyer.
Information Regarding Investment Partners
- Investment Limited Partnership managed by Mitsubishi UFJ Capital Co., Ltd. (Company Headquarters: Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Kei Andoh, President) is the venture capital arm of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group. Mitsubishi UFJ Capital supports company growth towards corporate value enhancement and IPO through management support services such as industry-leading consulting services and unique business knowledge and insight.
- Investment Limited Partnership managed by Dentsu Digital Holdings (Company Headquarters: Minato-ku, Tokyo, Nobuyuki Tohya, President and Chief Executive Officer) is the corporate venture capital of Dentsu Inc. Group. Dentsu Digital Holdings seeks to create a new digital industry through experience and the insightful knowledge of Dentsu Group companies to generate growth at investment targets.
- QUICK Corp. (Company Headquarters: Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Noboru Yoshioka, President, CEO) is a financial information provider in the Nikkei Inc. Group. QUICK provides comprehensive solutions to the securities and financial markets with supporting services for asset management, order routing, order execution, and construction and maintenance of information networks.
- Investment Limited Partnership managed by MITSUI SUMITOMO INSURANCE Venture Capital Co., Ltd. (Company Headquarters: Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Hitoshi Igarashi, President) is 100% owned by Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Co., Ltd. Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Venture Capital offers entrepreneurs broad support such as providing capital and networks to help early-stage R&D and commercialization.
- Investment Partnership managed by Venture Labo Investment Co., Ltd. (Company Headquarters: Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Tadayoshi Yamanaka, President) supports the growth of its portfolio companies through management support based on field experience, fundraising support, business partner development, and cooperative relationship building with government agencies, in order to achieve a true hands-on investment relationship.
- bitFlyer, Inc. : https://bitflyer.com/en/
- Mitsubishi UFJ Capital Co., Ltd. : http://www.mucap.co.jp/english/tabid/66/Default.aspx
- Dentsu Digital Holdings, Inc. : http://www.dentsu-digital.co.jp/en/
- QUICK Corp. : http://corporate.quick.co.jp/en/index.html
- MITSUI SUMITOMO INSURANCE Venture Capital Co.,Ltd. : http://www.msivc.co.jp/top_en.html
- Venture Labo Investment Co., Ltd. : http://www.venturelabo.co.jp/en/vl/